VMware File Transfer Appliance
Biscom Delivery Server has been supporting virtualised environments since 2005. As a Select Level VMware Technology Alliance Partner, Biscom is committed to offering solutions that will work in your virtualised infrastructure, whether you’re consolidating physical servers for the sake of efficiency, increased availability, performance, or as part of a “green” initiative.
The BDS VMware appliance is the easiest way to deploy a secure VMware file transfer solution in your virtual environment. Every component of the system is already included and pre-configured, including the Web server, application server, database, and file system. There are no additional software licenses to purchase or obtain. Note too, that the appliance is not artificially restricted – you are free to increase your memory, CPU, and storage footprint as needed to scale resources up or down to fit your performance demands.
Advantages of running BDS in a virtual machine:
- Easily keep a snapshot of the VM ready to deploy if a VM goes down, increasing availability
- Increased security when separating tiers without requiring additional hardware
- Virtual appliance does not require any additional operating system licenses
- Small footprint OS
- Centralised management of your servers
- All the other VM advantages, including: consuming less power, less rack space required, easier administration, and more efficient use of processing power