Biscom Delivery Server Features
Biscom Delivery Server (BDS) is an enterprise secure file transfer (SFT) solution that enables users to send files, documents, and messages securely while maintaining a complete transaction and audit trail. Business benefits include fewer help desk calls to support FTP, elimination of email attachment issues, reduced overnight delivery service costs, and faster, more secure delivery of critical documents and files.
Because BDS balances an organisation’s need for security – encrypting large files and documents at rest and in transit – without requiring knowledge workers to change their accustomed business processes and workflows, workers can manage their own secure and large file delivery needs.
To your right, you will find a list of Biscom Delivery Server’s key features. Just click on the applicable feature to find out more.
How it Works
Using BDS to send files securely is as easy as using web-based email, but with the ability to control how and when your files are received and accessed.
Step 1: Creating a delivery
- add email addresses of your recipients
- enter a subject for your delivery
- add your files
- optionally enter a secure and notification message
- optionally set delivery dates, secondary passwords, notification options
- Send your message
Step 2: Processing the delivery
- The message and files are uploaded to the BDS server, scanned for viruses, and encrypted.
- An email notification goes out to the recipients in clear text email with an embedded hyperlink
Step 3: Receiving the delivery
- Recipients receive a message in their email inbox with an embedded hyperlink. Recipients click on the link and enter their email address and password. First time users register and create their password.
- Recipients can view the secure message after successful authentication, and also download files
- Recipients can optionally reply securely to the sender with attached files.
Step 4: Notification
- The sender receives an email read receipt.
- All transactions are logged in a SQL database, and reports can be run for audit and compliance requirements.